Fascism’s principles are wafting in the air today, surreptitiously masquerading as something else, challenging everything we stand for.
1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism.
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights.
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause.
4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism.
5. Rampant sexism.
6. A controlled mass media.
7. Obsession with national security.
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together.
9. Power of corporations protected.
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated.
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts.
12. Obsession with crime and punishment.
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption.
14. Fraudulent elections.
By Laurence W. Britt
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Does anyone recognize these symptoms?
Posted by Libertärer Sozialist at 8:25 AM